Rainmakers provides individually tailored & holistic support packages through our flagship Youth Enterprise Leadership Programme (YELP)
YELP has already achieved significant results in helping young people break through the cycle of offending and enter into employment or training. Our programmes deal with the underlying causal factors that lead to anti social, offending & gang related behaviours thereby:
- Reducing the criminogenic risk factors & associated behaviours/needs;
- Breaking the cycle of repeat negative/offending behaviours;
- Implementing a cycle of positive & sustained change ;
- Increasing participation, engagement, coping & key life skills;
- Providing productive, tangible educational, training & employability/enterprise opportunities.
YELP is a holistic, integrated programme leading to a certificate in self-employment and enterprise. YELP runs over a minimum period of 6 months including either an 8 or 12 week intensive business programme. The programme delivers business skills modules, life coaching and business mentoring, counselling, anger management and conflict resolution techniques to both the individual and their family.
YELP also provides advice, guidance, signposting and direct support with issues that contribute to poor life choices, such as housing, substance misuse and psychological problems.
Participants in the programme will:
- Develop a range of life, social and professional skills;
- Engage in personal development strategies with peers and facilitators;
- Develop a solid understanding of the core components of business;
- Receive a clear identifiable positive pathway to further education, employment/ self employment or training, significantly increasing their chances of a sustainable future.